Korean Kumbup incorporates many aspects of traditional sword training. Including drawing, cutting, and sheathing techniques. Through Kumbup students enjoy learning battlefeild tactics such as sword-vs-sword, stand-off techniques, and ancient patterns such as bon-kuk-kum-bup (native sword), among others.
Calm, Yet Attentive Mind.
CUT THE STRESS OUT OF YOUR LIFE! THE FOCUS OF REAL SWORD TRAINING CENTERS AROUND DEVELOPING A CALM MIND.
AN ATTENTIVE MIND, YET CALM.
An excellent opportunity for students to grow personally as well as physically.
To continually pursue a higher level of both physical and mental/spiritual excellence through dedicated practice and adherence to the tenets our respective arts
ART OF THE REAL SWORD
An extension of Kumbup practice, advanced students receive training with a live blade. Practice often includes cutting techniques demonstrated on woven bundles of straw and bamboo.
These techniques provide students in the Sioux Falls area the opportunity to observe the practical effects of their training and the subtle distinctions in their technique.
INTERESTED IN CLASS? CALL-605-496-3234
- No experience? No problem. Just come on in, there is always a group of new students at the beginner level to meet and have fun practicing with!
- Just wear something comfortable.
- Don't worry about the equipment. The Sioux Falls Sword Academy keeps a small stock of school equipment on hand for beginners to use.
- Beginner receive direct instruction in the basics of Kumdo/Kumbup techniques
- Did we mention the first two weeks are free?! Our goal is simple - to provide the best instruction, for the absolute lowest cost.
- No contracts. Frankly, if we could operate for free, we would.
- Monthly fee is a low $45/month (includes both Kendo & Kumdo/Kumbup).
- Beginners practice with a wooden "mokgum" before eventually moving on to real steel-sword techniques.